Create Your Own Family Video
Creating your own family video doesn’t have to be time-consuming or expensive. This is a great rainy day afternoon project that you can do with your kids.
The following instructions are for creating a FREE 30- second video using the Animoto Video Slideshows website and all their free music and images, but you can easily add your favorite family photos and your children’s favorite song recordings. I recommend you upgrade to the full length for a small fee. It’s well worth it!
Follow these Step-by-Step Instructions to create your FREE Music Video:
(Note: you can purchase longer videos or buy a season pass)
Step 1: Sign-up
- Go to Animoto Video Slideshows.
- Click the Blue “Sign-Up” button in the top right corner.
- Choose your account level. For a Free Basic Account, click the “Try it now” link under the Basic section.
- Fill in Your Details. (You will need an email address)
- Click the blue “Sign Up” button in the bottom right corner.
Step 2: Create Video
- Click the blue “Create Video” button in the top right corner.
- Choose your video style by clicking on the icon or clicking “Create video” under the title of your choice.
- Click on the word “free” under the ” Purchase Video” button in the Style Pop-up screen.
- Add images and video. You can upload from your computer or another website, but for this class we will be using the Animoto collection. Click on the “select from our collection” icon button.
- Click on the “images” icon button.
- You may choose up to a total of 6 images from any of the titles. (Hint.. Hold down the Control key to select more than one picture at a time.)
- Click the arrow icon “add more” button to continue adding images.
- Click the “video clips” icon button.
- Clip your video to 3 to 5 seconds by using the video editor on the screen.
- Click “done” on editor screen.
- Arrange your pictures and video in logical order by left-clicking your mouse, dragging and dropping in the desired location.
- Click the T icon “add text” button
- Type in your desired text. Click the blue “done” button in the text editor
- Continue to add text up to a maximum of four text boxes.
- Arrange your images, video and text by dragging and dropping.
- Click the black “done” button.
Step 3: Choose Your Music, Create Your Video
- Click on the blue “select from our collection” button.
- Choose a genre by clicking the Title Icon.
- Click on the “play” button to preview music.
- Click on the “select” button to choose your music.
- At the first Customize your video screen, you will have the opportunity to change your video style.
- Click the blue “continue” button.
- Fill in the Title, Description and Producer Name and choose a Thumbnail photo.
- Click the blue “create video” button.
- It will take several minutes for your video creation. Once it is complete, it will show in the window.
Step 4: Edit and Remix
- Click the play arrow to view your video.
- Click on the blue “Video Toolbox” button. (It appears when your video is ready)
- Click the “Edit” button to make changes to your video. You can change the images, music or re-order the pictures.
- Click the “1-click Remix” button to change only the video mix.
- You can upgrade your video to high resolution or order DVD’s of your video for a small fee.
Step 5: Share Your Video
- Click the “Share” button to post to another website, share a link to your video or email a copy to a friend.
- Click “Close” to return to the Toolbox Menu.
- Click the “Export” button to send your video to your YouTube or SmugMug account.
- Click the blue “Close Toolbox” button to return to your video.
- Click the “My Videos” tab at the top of page to view all your videos.
Congratulations! You are now a Video Producer.